Friday, February 15, 2013

Quick and Easy Tortilla Pizzas


This week is devoted to another quick fix meal, anytime - breakfast, lunch or dinner. (I am really enjoying quick meals these days - can you tell?) We are utilizing the sprouted whole grain tortillas again, but feel free to use what you have. Literally, all you have to do is top your tortilla with whatever various toppings you have in your fridge and bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes. This would also be great for kids because they can help you make the pizzas. Also, might be fun for a party - set out various toppings and make a pizza bar.

Here are some inspirational ideas we have tried lately. Pardon, the not great pictures. As I said this is a quick fix meal for us, so typically is during the week after work which means no natural light for my pictures :).

Mexican Nacho Pizza
Inspired by one of our favorite Mexican restaurants and their Super Nachos. They typically add meat, but I chose not to this time. My favorite!

  • Refried beans
  • Red onion
  • Pickled jalapeno
  • Cheddar cheese
  • Cilantro, add after out of the oven


Traditional Pizza
Great for kids or picky adults
  • Pasta sauce
  • Ground meat
  • Cheddar cheese


Vegetarian Pizza
For the more adventurous
  • Sweet potato hummus
  • Black beans
  • Green onions
  • Capers
  • Cheddar cheese


Shrimp Pizza
Inspired by my
Shrimp and Feta Pizza
  • Shrimp, chopped into pieces
  • Red bell pepper
  • Shallot, or other mild onion
  • Garlic
  • Feta cheese
  • Pine nuts
  • Oil drizzle
Better Bonus Tips: Don’t stress and try to perfect these. Be creative. Use pita bread if you have that instead of tortillas or prefer a thicker crust (might have to cook a bit longer). Try with meatballs, chicken, sausage, eggs or other various proteins. Substitute your favorite veggies. The goal for me is to have a layer of something as the base and then make it easy and top with whatever I have around. As I am typing this I am thinking smashed avocado would be good as a base. Also, you could use a white cream sauce instead of red tomato pasta sauce. Have fun with it!

Let me know what combinations you try!


~Ashley





No comments:

Post a Comment