Friday, December 27, 2013

Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus

I love asparagus and I love prosciutto! Seriously, love love love them both! This recipe, if you can even call it that, is so yummy! I could eat the entire bunch by myself and usually can’t get them to the platter before I have ‘taste tested’ a few….dozen.  This is not an original recipe, but still worth sharing. Many people have a version of this. I actually make these for Thanksgiving, but they are also a really great appetizer that I have done for dinner parties. This would be a really elegant appetizer to add to your New Years Eve party line up.


Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus



Ingredients:
Asparagus, one bunch
Cream cheese, 4-6 oz softened
Prosciutto, thinly sliced - one slice per two pieces of asparagus




Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Prep asparagus.


Better Bonus Tip: If you have an option, I think thinner spears work better in this recipe. The thicker stocks can be not as tender. If you can only get thicker, you might just need to bake a bit longer.


Slice your prosciutto slices into two. I like to do the cut vertically, because I think it is easier to add the cream cheese, but feel free to do two long horizontal slices.




Better Bonus TIp: Prosciutto is a pricer meat. If you would like a more budget friendly version, you could do (nitrate free) deli ham. Just make sure to ask the deli counter to do really thin slices, like they would typically cut prosciutto.


Smear a teaspoon or so of cream cheese onto each slice of meat and then wrap around the asparagus spear.







Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.





I can’t tell you how much I love these!! Salty, creamy, crunchy....what more could you ask for.


Be safe ringing in the new year. If you are looking for some other ideas for your party menu, check out some of my previous posts for appetizer ideas:


Also, don’t forget about my easy tips for throwing a party and some additional simple food ideas.

See you in 2014!


~Ashley





No comments:

Post a Comment