Friday, June 15, 2012

Olive Tapenade

I mentioned last week that I love just about anything with a pickled flavor. Well today I am making a dip that is about as pickled as you can get - an Olive Tapenade. If you love that flavor like I do, this dish is for you!


Since it is summer, I think most of us aren’t wanting to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, so this month I am sharing two starters that are fast and easy to make because the blender does all the work for you. Another bonus - this dip is great with the hot summer heat because it doesn't have any ingredients that will spoil. 

Olive Tapenade


Ingredients:
Pitted olives, 1 c (I used greek mix)
Capers ⅛ c
Lemon, ½
Garlic, 1 clove
Parsley, leaves of 2-3 sprigs
Pickling liquid from olives, 2 T
Extra virgin olive oil, 1 T




Place all ingredients in the blender and pulse until mixed. You still want some consistency in this dip, so don’t over blend.


Serve with your favorite bread or cracker.


Better Bonus Tip: Try serving with my crispy garlic baguette. Slice a small baguette. Drizzle with olive oil and bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes, until slightly golden brown. When you remove from the oven, rub a fresh garlic clove over each piece of bread while it is still warm.


Easy huh?




~Ashley






No comments:

Post a Comment