Friday, May 23, 2014

Shrimp Slaw Tacos

I am excited about today’s post. I was really hoping these worked out because I thought they sounded delicious. One try and they did and my husband and I really enjoyed them. We ate these for a quick lunch, but they would be a fun easy appetizer. Or could easily be made into dinner, served with a side of black beans.


Shrimp is my favorite, but you could really take this concept and do any protein. I thought shredded pork sounded good also.


Shrimp Slaw Tacos
Makes 10 mini tacos


Ingredients:
Wonton wrappers, 10
Shrimp, 8 large (deveined and shells removed)
Broccoli slaw, 1 heaping cup
Green onions, 2, finely chopped
Sesame seeds, ½ T (I used black for color, but you can use regular)
Cilantro, 2 T
Chili powder, ¼ tsp
Cumin ¼ tsp


Dressing
Extra virgin olive oil, ⅛ c
Seasoned rice vinegar ⅛ c
Sugar, 1 ½ tsp sugar
Salt, ¼ tsp
Pepper, few grinds



Lay wonton wraps over sides of a baking dish and bake for 5-7 minutes at 400 degrees (watch closely as ovens vary). Be careful when removing to not break shells.



Mix dressing ingredients and stir until sugar dissolved.


Add broccoli slaw, chopped green onions, cilantro, sesame seeds in a bowl and pour dressing over.



Better Bonus Tip: If your store doesn't sell broccoli slaw, you can shred up some cabbage.

Sprinkle shrimp with chili powder and cumin and cook over medium heat in a greased pan for 3 minutes, until no longer pink.  Chop.




Build tacos by adding a spoonful of slaw into wonton shells and top with chopped shrimp.


Yummy!

~Ashley








No comments:

Post a Comment